Assurex Global Announces Five New Partner Firms
Expands worldwide partnership of independent brokers with leading regional firms in Panama, Mexico City, Netherlands and New York City.
COLUMBUS, OHIO – Assurex Global, the world’s largest privately held commercial insurance, risk management and employee benefits brokerage group, has welcomed five leading independent insurance brokers as its newest shareholders. The addition of these firms brings the number of Assurex Global Partners in all parts of the world to 107.
The new Assurex Global Partner firms are:
- Continental Corp. (elected February 1, 2018) – Headquartered in Panama City, Panama, Continental Corp. is an international, full-service insurance brokerage firm which was founded in 1970 by Jorge M. Arias T. In 1991, Jorge Arias’s two sons, Jorge and Juan Carlos, joined the business and continued the pioneering spirit and leadership demonstrated by their father. In January 1997, Continental Corp. expanded its operations to include Central America and the Caribbean. Maintaining its history of independence, continuing to expand product offerings and providing clients with a high level of service is of utmost importance to Continental Corp.
- Protec (elected May 1, 2018) – Headquartered in Mexico City, Mexico and established in the 1970s, Protec is one of the largest independently owned and operated insurance brokers specializing in the development of customized commercial, personal insurance and risk management programs. Protec works with the major insurance & bond carriers in Mexico in order to provide a complete approach to risk management services within Mexico.
- Floreijn Group (elected May 1, 2018) – Headquartered in Gouda, Netherlands and founded in 2007, Floreijn Group makes Dutch pension, health care and disability plans refreshingly simple and carefree for companies. The company believes in craftsmanship, simplicity, customer service, exceeding expectations and growth.
- Foa & Son (elected May 15, 2018) – Headquartered in New York City and founded in 1861, Foa & Son is a fifth-generation firm with deep knowledge in industries such as real estate, construction, hospitality, food, pharmaceuticals, municipalities, manufacturers, distributors, family offices and social services. Each business practice at Foa & Son is led by a senior account executive with at least 25 years of industry insurance.
- Schouten Zekerheid (elected July 1, 2018) – Headquartered in Rotterdam, Netherlands and founded in 1953, Schouten Zekerheid stands for independence, expertise and security. Thanks to organic growth and several acquisitions, Schouten Zekerheid is now one of the top 10 largest insurance brokers in the Netherlands. Schouten employs around 150 staff, and its specialties include association business, construction, manufacturing, marine, restaurants, retail and transportation.
About Assurex Global
Assurex Global is the world’s largest privately-held commercial insurance, risk management and employee benefits brokerage group. The company operates as an exclusive partnership, supported by more than 100 of the world’s most respected and successful insurance brokers.